As you know from the market, both Magento 2 and Shopify are on the top 6 ecommerce platforms, each of them has its own strengths and weakness. That is the reason why a lot of shop owners feel confused when they have to choose which one will be suitable for their site. In this article, we will give you specific look over these two platform. Hope will useful for all of you:
Shopify will enable online payments via Paypal and it is known as a toolkit for creating various discounts, editing HTML and CSS, coupons, managing inventory, codes. Small and midsize businesses always prefer Shopify because of all awesome feature it provides. It is a perfect solution but so easy to use and does not require to deal with any code. Moreover, users are all satisfied with its top notch security and support. Shopify also offers an app store for E-commerce websites.
With Magento 2, you can strengthen your online store with variety of features and powerful tools it offers. By applying Magento 2, your site will be supported with different languages, design, currencies and you do not need to worry about management because you can control everything just through a single admin panel. If we make a comparison, Magento 2 seems to be more flexible than Shopify. From the opinion of expert or long years experience developers, Magento 2 is the most suitable for big businesses, but if you are small business owners, you still might get the necessary cloud functionality easily. We also suppose that when Magento offers Shopify on steroids, nobody needs Shopify.
It can be said that the future of Magento is brighter due to tons of third party extensions, variety of top notch out-of-the-box features, a broad community. If we turn back to several years ago, each platform had its own targeted customers. However, until now, Magento has become strong enough and provides enough amount of features, which can displace Shopify out of the market.
Specific comparison between Magento 2 and Shopify
- Magento 2 comes with several default solutions and plenty of third party extensions. Shopify will allow to make payment from over 70 payment gateways. As we mentioned above, Magento 2 is more flexible than its counterpart, Shopify.
- Magento 2 will integrate all social media channel such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc, but Shopify does not have this function. It means that if you choose Shopify for your site, you will lose the chance to gain profit from social media source.
- Magento 2 relies on a lot of third party extensions, Shopify offers a built-in blog.
- You need to set up some of this features manually in Magento 2. Besides, default Shopify is PCI compliant and comes with an SSL certificate .
- Magento 2 will optimize your site better because it offers a lot of features supporting your marketing strategies, SEO campaigns and fully supports B2B E-commerce websites.
- With Shopify, you might not create all possible implement them and custom features, but with Magento 2, all of them will be possible
Generally, it is hard to say which ecommerce platform will be the best for every single E-commerce store, we just want to give you the overview from the objective view and choose which one will depend on your expertise, budget, and goals.
Typical examples for you to compare: