Magento 2 is always the king among prominent Ecommerce open source platforms, it is widely utilized by the global merchants. When Magento 2 is especially preferred by a lot of online business owners, it is so crucial to enhance the security of their Magento 2 store because when everything is online, security plays in the success of an e-commerce store.
In this share, we will focus on how web owners can improve security for their Magento 2 web store by themselves.
- Set a strong password and Admin Name
This is the first gate for your security, setting a complex admin name and strong password will forestall unauthorized access. How? Use the combination of numbers, symbols, uppercase, and lowercase. This tip will work well in making difficult for hackers to know your site’s sensitive detail.
2. Update your Magento 2 store with the latest version
Why should you frequently update your Magento 2 store with its most recent adaptation? The only reason is when a version is updated, the security will be enhanced via patches and slaughtering known vulnerabilities, which makes difficult for hacker to attack your Magento 2 store.
3. Utilize Admin URL
Rather than utilizing the default admin URL, it is exceedingly prescribed to change your Magento 2 admin URL to an innovative one. As, it is another great practice to secure your Magento 2 store.
4. Make a backup
When our technology develops with amazing speed, hackers are even more dangerous than we have ever thought. You can prevent them from a complete backup of your Magento 2 store, including file and database so that you can easily restore your Magento 2 and keep it in good working conditions.
You can create a backup of your store on the server, using Magento website backup service.
5. Enable Captcha
You just need to follow the steps as below:
- In Admin panel, go to Store => Configuration
- Under the Advanced tab, click on Admin, unfold the section named CAPTCHA, where you will get the option to select Yes via Enable CAPTCHA in the drop-down menu of Admin.
- Choose Admin Forget Password from the Form options, you can set the rest of the values as per your requirement.
At last, save the settings by clicking on the Save Config.
6. Limit Store Admin Access to Your IP Address
If you want to prevent others from accessing your Admin panel, then simply restrict your store admin access by IP Address. However, this IP address will leave a considerable measure of programmers into hacker’s mind when they attempt to get to your Magento 2 store.
- How to install Magento 2 multi vendor module for your website?
- Most common issues in Magento 2 and how to fix them?
- What will be Magento eCommerce web design trends in 2018?
- How to choose the best Magento 2 extensions for your Magento store?
- Hot released item: Magento synchronize database with Vtiger CRM extension